- This event has passed.
Almost Maine Auditions – Dec 1 & 3
December 1, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Auditions for Almost Maine will be held in-person as follows:
Date: December 1st & December 3rd
Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: Hartung Center, 925 Passaic Avenue, Kearny, NJ 07032
ALL ACTORS AGES 16 AND UP ARE ENCOURAGED TO AUDITION!
Sides (click title to download, printed copies will be available)
- Side 1: Jimmy, Sandrine
- Side 2: Jimmy, Sandrine, Waitress
- Side 3: Gayle, Lyndall
- Side 4: Marvalyn, Steve
- Side 5: Chad, Randy
QUESTIONS? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE PRODUCTION
Welcome to the town of Almost, Maine- a small town in Northern Maine where the skies are clear enough to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights once a year. One cold, magical winter night, the ordinary people of Almost find themselves falling in and out of love in the strangest of ways. Playwright John Cariani’s masterpiece, Almost Maine (directed by Brooke Gorsica) is one of the most popularly produced plays in the past decade. Originally premiering off-Broadway in 2006, Almost Maine follows the individual stories of 8 different couples that all experience the magic of love as the clock strikes 9 PM on the same cold and slightly surreal winter night.
*A NOTE ON COVID-19: A few scenes in Almost Maine do have intimate moments such as kissing. Due to COVID-19, only fully vaccinated actors will be considered for these scenes to limit the risk of spreading COVID. All non-vaccinated actors are still welcome to audition for scenes that do not include these moments of intimacy.*
- PROLOGUE: PETE & GINETTE who have been dating little while. (Ages 16-50)
- HER HEART: EAST, a repairman & GLORY a hiker (Ages 25-70)
- SAD & GLAD: JIMMY, a heating and cooling guy; SANDRINE, his ex-girlfriend and a salty WAITRESS (Ages 20-60)
- THIS HURTS: MARVALYN, a woman who is very good at protecting herself, and STEVE, an open, kind fellow whose brother protects him (Ages 20-60)
- GETTING IT BACK: GAYLE & LENDALL, longtime girlfriend and boyfriend (Ages 18-50)
- THEY FELL: RANDY & CHAD: two ‘Country Boys’ (Ages 20-50)
- WHERE IT WENT: PHIL, a working man and his hard-working wife, MARCI(Ages 25-50)
- STORY OF HOPE: HOPE, who has traveled the world, and a MAN who has not (Ages 25-60)
- SEEING THE THING: RHONDA, a tough woman, and DAVE, the not-so-tough man who loves her. (Ages 25-50)
* Stage and technical crew, set building, and other volunteers are also needed for this production! To volunteer, contact email@example.com.
**COVID-19 Guidelines: West Hudson Arts & Theater Company follows all current state and federal health guidelines. During auditions and at performances, all audience members will be required to wear masks as well as any unvaccinated cast members, stage crew and volunteers, per building requirements.