September 24 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 6:30 pm, repeating until September 25, 2021
West Hudson Arts & Theater Company presents River’s Edge Stage, a new series of thought-provoking works and discussions.
The first production in this series, will be a staged reading of the critically acclaimed drama by David Auburn, the winner of the 2001 Pulitzer Prize and a Tony® Award for Best Play. Directed by Don Filicetti.
- Catherine: Brooke Gorsica
- Hal: David Villa
- Robert: Martin Pfefferkorn
- Claire: Imani Williams
Catherine — a troubled young woman on the eve of her 25th birthday — has spent years caring for her brilliant but unstable father, a famous mathematician. Now, following his death, she must deal with her own volatile emotions; the arrival of her estranged sister, Claire; and the attentions of Hal, a former student of her father’s who hopes to find valuable work in the 103 notebooks that her father left behind. Over the long weekend that follows, a burgeoning romance and the discovery of a mysterious notebook draw Catherine into the most difficult problem of all: How much of her father’s madness — or genius — will she inherit? * (note, contains mature language)
Dinner by Curiosity by Intrinsic will be served al fresco. Seating at 6:30 pm includes appetizer, entrée, and dessert (beverages not included, BYOB). Advance ticket purchase required. Each performance is limited to 30 seats. A waiting list is available.
Menu: (make selections for each attendee during the check out process)
- Appetizers – Garlic Naan/ Scallion Pancakes /Satay chicken/Tofu skewers
- Entrée – Chicken with mushrooms or asparagus/Salmon teriyaki /Veggie bowl
- Desserts – Selection of featured desserts will be available
* At the conclusion of the performance attendees will participate in a “talk back” session about the perceptions of mental illness moderated by a phycologist .
Produced in partnership with Curiosity by Intrinsic.
PROOF is presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, In. New York.