Auditions for You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown will be held in-person as follows:
Date & Times:
- February 26th from 2pm – 6pm
- February 27th and 28th from 7pm to 9pm
- Call backs will be March 2nd from 7pm to 9pm
Location: 15 Frank E. Rogers Blvd. South, Harrison, NJ (the former Holy Cross High School)
Production Dates: April 22, 23 and 29, 30 (potential matinee shows on Sundays TBA)
Actors ages 21 to 75 are invited to audition. Gender for the actors playing the roles are flexible, please be ready to audition for all roles. Three nights of auditions will be focused on singing and dancing. Please prepare 32 bars from a song from the show, or from the song of your choice for audition night. Our choreographer will be teaching a 16 count to all auditioners, come dressed comfortably and prepared to dance. The director is looking for our principal players and also a strong dance ensemble. Prepared sides and monologues will be handed out at callbacks.
A note on COVID-19: all actors will be required to provide proof of vaccination when auditioning.
Masks will be mandatory during the rehearsal process leading up to tech week.
Virtual Auditions: If you are unable to attend the audition dates listed above but are still interested in coming out for You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown, video auditions will be accepted until February 25th at 9pm. Please submit your audition video to Director, Amanda Castro-Conroy, and Choreographer, Bong Dizon, at CharlieBrown@whatconj.org
Characters: Although the genders and ages for the characters are already assigned by the creator, they are not fixed for our concept for the actors in our show. Therefore all characters genders and ages are flexible depending on individuals auditions. Charlie Brown’s director would like to keep all possibilities open and is looking to see what you bring to the characters.
- Dance ensemble: Looking for a strong dancers to fill in background vocals and to perform the large dance numbers.
- Snoopy: A loyal, imaginative, and good-natured beagle who is prone to imagining fantasy lives, including being an author, a college student known as “Joe Cool”, an attorney, and a World War I flying ace. Looking for strong vocalist and a great showman to portray this classic character.
- Charlie Brown: Good ol’ Charlie Brown is loyal, determined, and just a bit wishy-washy. He’s a true friend, a dedicated baseball manager, and very responsible when it comes to taking care of his dog, . Charlie Brown never gives up, even when he probably should.
- Lucy Van Pelt: Though she’s often dismissed as simply bossy or crabby, there’s more to Lucy than strong opinions. She dispenses sound advice for just five cents and looks out for her brothers, and Rerun. She’s confident, strong, and positive she’ll make a great president or queen one day.
- Linus Van Pelt: Thoughtful and respectful, Linus is often the voice of reason among his peers. He is a deep thinker and a student of philosophy. Despite his run-ins with cantankerous Lucy, and the fact no one understands why he carries a security blanket, Linus remains delightfully hopeful.
- Linus’s Blanket: Looking for a strong dancer to perform alongside Linus during the duration of the show. Looking to find someone who is experienced in movement and dance and to work alongside our choreographer to make this beloved object a character of its own. Will potentially have to fill in background vocals.
- Schroeder: A moody musical genius, Schroeder has been playing the piano since before he could walk. He also enjoys baseball and being with friends, but he’s never happier than when playing a Beethoven piece—even if the black keys of his piano are just painted on.
- Sally Brown: A highly articulate, charismatic, lovable, sometimes eccentric and argumentative younger sister to Charlie Brown. Despite being portrayed as innocent and adorable, she is noticeably intelligent for her age. She is absurdly intense, balancing angst with innocence, sweet but a skeptic.
Questions: Contact email@example.com
* Stage and technical crew, set building, and other volunteers are also needed for this production! To volunteer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org